Immigration to Canada

Canada the dreamland of most of the immigrants whether they want Student visa, work permit visa, residence visa or citizenship. It is continuously improving and facilitating it applicants in everyway they can. We have also tried to give you the best & relevant information so that you can get straight to your destination without wasting your time.

Some important information regarding Canada immigration
As of February 18, 2005, if you're approved as a permanent resident, your spouse or common law partner can live and work with you in Canada while their immigration application is being considered! Previously, significant others had to wait for approval before moving to Canada.

As of September 2003, the minimum passing score to be approved as a Permanent Resident would be lowered from 75 to 67. While that drop may not seem significant those 8 points make a BIG difference.

Starting September 2006 you will only have to send a Simplified Application Form to the Visa Office; without sending all your supporting documents. You will have more time to gather and prepare your documents the right way!

If you become a permanent resident NOW, you can apply for Canadian citizenship once you've lived there for 3 years, without giving up your current citizenship!

Things to Consider Before Applying

  • Application fees
  • Funds required to settle in Canada
  • Medical examinations
  • Police certificates
  • Whether you should hire someone to represent you
  • Choosing a destination in Canada

    Permanent Visa for Canada

      Canadian citizens and permanent residents living in Canada, 18 years of age or older, may sponsor close relatives or family members who want to become permanent residents of Canada. Sponsors must promise to support the relative or family member and accompanying family members for a period of three to 10 years to help them settle in Canada.

      Family members eligible for sponsorship are:
    • spouses, common-law or conjugal partners 16 years of age or older;
    • parents and grandparents;
    • dependent children, including adopted children;
    • children under 18 years of age whom you intend to adopt;
    • brothers, sisters, nephews, nieces or grandchildren who are orphans, under the age of 18 and not
    • married or in a common-law relationship; and
    • any other relative if you have none of the above relatives or family members, either in Canada or abroad.

      A son or daughter is dependent when the child:
    • is under the age of 22 and does not have a spouse or common-law partner;
    • became a full-time student before the age of 22 and has been substantially dependent on a parent for financial support since that time;
    • became a spouse or common-law partner before the age of 22 and has been substantially dependent on a parent for financial support since that time; or
    • is financially dependent on a parent since before the age of 22 because of a disability.

      Although you can't apply for Canadian citizenship until you have lived in Canada for at least three years, you can be thinking about what it means from the moment you arrive.

    Temporary Visa for Canada

      Visitors to Canada must satisfy an immigration officer
      Whether you are visiting Canada as a tourist or business visitor, working temporarily or studying in Canada, you are required to leave Canada at the end of your stay.

      If you still have pending work or have a situation that you may not leave at the end of visa time then you have to apply for the extention of visa.

      Apply to extend your stay or visit at least 30 days before your visa expires.


  • Note: This page is updated weekly.
    Domain Registration & Hosting Provided by DomainsTag